Quality Management System (QMS, ISO 9001:2015) Auditor / Lead Auditor Training Course
(Registered Course Nr. PR328 / A18219)
Through the management system audit and certification, the organisation can demonstrate its ability on legal (i.e. EU GDPR, DPA, IPRs), legislation, standards (i.e. ISO, IEC, IEEE), contractual obligation (i.e. Trade Secret, IP), policy and procedures compliance.
Also the competence to plan, operation and continual improvements the management system to control the risks and achieve its expected outcome.
This CQI (Chartered Quality Institute) /IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) certified Quality Management Systems (QMS) Auditor / Lead Auditor Training Course (Registered Course Nr. PR328 / A18219) is part of International recognized CQI/IRCA QMS Auditor Certification programme.
The successful completion of this course is pre-requisite and essential to become a CQI/IRCA QMS Auditor.
To participate this training course, the following prior knowledge were expected:
- Knowledge of Management System Compliance (ISO 19600)
- Process approach (Plan-Do-Check-Act)
- Business overall compliance risk management (ISO 31000), includes legal, legislation, contractual obligations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Top management leadership, other roles and responsibilities to support management system
- Consideration of planning a management system - identify the organizational and technical measures to manage the identified risk
- Supporting required by the management system
- Management system operation consideration - monitoring, reporting and communicating
- Performance evaluation of a management - objectives evaluation, Internal Audits, and Management Review
- Continually improve the effectiveness of a management system
- Knowledge of quality management principles and concepts includes but not limited to:
- Strong customer focus
- Management leadership
- Engagement of people includes internal and external
- Process approach
- Continual improvement
- Evidence-based decision making
- Relationship management
- Management system audit (ISO 19011)
- Audit programme management
- Initial the audit
- Prepare for an audit
- Document review
- Preparing for the on-site audit
- Audit skills
- Conducting on-site audit
- Preparation of Audit evidence and findings
- Audit report
- Audit follow-up
- ISO 9001: Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 and the commonly used QMS terms and definitions, as given in ISO 9001.
- Understand the management system certification requirements, i.e. ISO/IEC 17021-1 Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems - Part 1: Requirements
Note. You are advised that course examination questions can relate to any requirement of ISO 9001 and the expected prior knowledge. For delegates who do not have these, we recommend attending our foundation training course.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who will be involved in leading audits of a QMS that conforms to latest ISO 9001 in any organization.
Suggested job functions and their teams include:
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Learn how to explain the purpose and business benefits of a QMS, of QMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification
- Learn how to explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report, and follow-up a QMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021) where appropriate
- Learn how to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of a QMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 9001 in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
- Your organization will have an internal resource and process to be able to conduct its own audit of its QMS to assess and improve conformance with ISO 9001
- You will gain a professional qualification that certifies that you have the knowledge and skills to be able to lead a team to conduct an audit of a QMS in any organization
- Successful auditing will improve the protection of any organization’s personal data and trade secret to meet market assurance and corporate governance needs
- Understand how to identify gaps in a QMS system
- Accurately audit will be able to provide continuous improvement to a management system
- Meet training requirements for IRCA auditor certification
Day 1, management system knowledge (ISO 9001)
- The benefits of QMS
- Process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) and QMS
- QMS terms and definitions
- The management system processes：
- Compliance risk management
- Product/service realization risk management
- Leadership and resources
- Policy, objectives, performance evaluation of a management system.
- Organizational and technical risk control measures
- Documented information required by the Standard and the Organization
Day 2, guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011 and ISO 17021)
- Purpose of audit
- Internal audit, supplier audit and certification audit requirements
- Audit processes
- Auditor responsibilities
- Audit programme
Day 3, simulate the process of planning, preparation for an audit
- Planning an audit (initiate contact, contract)
- Preparation of audit work documents includes audit trails and checklist
- Conduct a Stage 1 audit (document review)
- Prepare a Stage 2 (on-site) audit plan
Day 4, simulate the opening meeting, on-site audit activities, and role-play
- Opening meeting
- Roleplay for audit scenarios
- Practice audit skills of collecting audit evidence
- Prepare audit findings and results, includes conformance, non-conformity (NC), and opportunity for improvement (OFI)
- Prepare audit report
Day 5, simulate the closing of on-site audit - close meeting and follow-up
- Close meeting
- Audit follow-up
- Evaluating correction, corrective action including root cause analysis and audit finding closure
- Management system certification
- Course summary and examination
- Course material
- IRCA auditor course examination
- Course certificate
- Delegates should note that there are evening works during the course
- The minimal numbers of delegates for this course is 4 and the maximum is 20. If the students are less than 4, the course will be postponed.
- The training organizer shall ensure and provide all students with high-speed Internet access to TKSG.Global from the training venue.
- This course is facilitated by TKSG.Global online learning management system (LMS). The participants should have the capability to use their own PC, laptop notebook or suitable mobile devices to access the LMS.
- This course is run in collaboration with CQI/IRCA Approved Training Partner - Hermes infotech Inc.
Daily time arrangement：
09:00 ~ 18:00