API RP 2D - OFFSHORE CRANE INSPECTOR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
TUV & IICS 4.1 CERTIFIED OFFSHORE CRANE INSPECTOR / API RP 2D - OFFSHORE CRANE INSPECTOR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
SAY YES TO SAFETY! PREVENT CRANE ACCIDENTS
The API RP 2D - Offshore Crane Inspector Certification Program prepares delegates to the safe operating and inspection procedures of offshore cranes. It fulfils the criteria outlined in global industry standards such as
API (American Petroleum Institute)
- API 2C “Specification for Offshore Pedestal Mounted Cranes” Sixth edition, March 2004
- API RP 2D “Operation and Maintenance of Offshore Cranes” Sixth Edition, May 2007
LOLER 1998 (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations)
ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
BS (British Standard)
The course is a mix of theoretical and practical crane inspection skills on an actual crane. At the end of the program, delegates will be assessed based on Theory Test and Practical Test. Delegates who pass the Exam will receive a Certificate of Successful Completion and an Offshore Crane Inspector Wallet Card.
Who should attend?
- QA/QC and Maintenance Personnel from Oil & Gas Companies
- Government Agencies who inspect offshore cranes and overhead cranes
- Third Party Inspection (TPI) companies
- Companies who wish for competent staff
At the end of the course, delegates will:
- Become a "competent personnel" to inspect offshore cranes and lifting equipment.
- Be able to understand the relevant standards.
- Become confident in carrying out difficult tasks.
This program has three interrelated purposes:
- Understand the safe operating and inspection procedures of Offshore Class Cranes
- Develop practical crane inspection skills with an actual crane
- IICS/ TUV Nord final assessment and certification
- Examination structure
- How to prepare myself for the examination
- Introduction into Off-shore pedestal Cranes and other Lifting Equipment
- The Law, Rules and Regulations, applicable standards and codes
- “Competent Crane Personnel”, as described in Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- “The Crane Inspector”
- Training and qualification
- Equipment and tools needed by the crane inspector
- Safe working practices, OSHA
- API Spec 2C “ Offshore Pedestal-mounted Cranes”
- Crane part, Terms and Definitions
- Basic design and structural criteria, other requirements
- Crane Ratings
- Manufacturing requirements
- Design validation
- Duty cycles
- API RP 2D “Operation and Maintenance of Offshore Cranes”
- Additional Terms and Definitions
- Basics of Crane operation
- Inspection & Testing requirements
- Maintenance, repair & replacement
- Wire Ropes
- API Specification 9A “Specification for Wire Rope”
- Requirements towards to wire ropes
- Inspection and Testing of wire ropes
- ASME B30.9 “Slings”
- Definitions, Terminologies
- Chain slings
- Wire rope slings
- Synthetic webbing slings
- Course material
- Course examination
- Course certificate
- Delegates should bring following items to the class
- Code book (hard copy)
- API RP 8B
- Delegates should note that there are evening works during the course
- The minimal numbers of delegates for this course is 4 and maximum is 20. If the students less than 4, the course will be postponed.
- This course is facilitated by www.TKSG.Global online learning management system (LMS). The participants should have the capability to use their own PC, laptop notebook or suitable mobile devices to access the LMS.
- This course is run in collaboration with IDC Training House SDN BHD (Malaysia).